SumoQuote debuted a new solar quoting system that allows contractors to quote roofing and solar in one place. SumoQuote Solar is an add-on to any paid subscription, and it enables roofing contractors to offer solar on every job.
This combo offering is available thanks to integrated design partner EagleView TrueDesign. When used in conjunction with EagleView TrueDesign users can access install-ready PV designs. SumoQuote users who add solar will get access to preferred report pricing when they use EagleView.
“Roofing contractors are in the incredibly enviable position of working on a home during the most ideal time to add solar,” says SumoQuote CEO Ryan Shantz. “With large government rebates and a scaling demand for solar, this is an extremely lucrative time for a roofing contractor to consider adding solar to their business.”
“SumoQuote’s Solar creates an amazing opportunity for roofing businesses to add solar to every quote and experience explosive growth,” states Pete Cleveland, Vice President, Solar Business at EagleView. “The ease of adding solar as an upgrade paired with the accuracy of TrueDesign’s PV design data is going to be incredibly powerful.”
SumoQuote Solar can be added to any paid subscription for an additional $150/month which includes 10 free quotes.
More on EagleView | EagleView Technologies, a leader in geospatial technology, launched its own cloud-based solar design software, TrueDesign, in April 2022. Version 1.0 focused on leveraging its geospatial data and image library (encompassing 94 percent of the North American population) to bridge the gap between solar PV sales and installation with super accurate shade analysis and estimated energy production.
Version 2.0 features…
- Proposal integrations: TrueDesign Version 2.0 integrates with popular proposal software, including Enerflo, SumoQuote, Subcontractor Hub, and Sales Rabbit, with more to come, making it easier for solar companies to generate and send accurate proposals to customers.
- Improved shade analysis: The new version of TrueDesign includes a feature for tree removal, which assists users in modeling potential shade improvements by adjusting the shade scene.
- 3D environment/3D shade scene: TrueDesign Version 2.0 enables users to visualize projects in a realistic 3D environment based on a Digital Surface Model (DSM) derived from its high-resolution aerial imagery.
- Tablet support for sales enablement: TrueDesign Version 2.0 now includes tablet support, allowing solar sales representatives to present designs and proposals to customers in the field with a smooth, touch friendly interface.
- Solar tile projects: In addition to traditional solar modules, TrueDesign version 2.0 now enables users to quickly design tile systems with the same level of ease and accuracy.
Listen to more in-depth conversations on Solar Builder’s YouTube channel
Our most popular series include:
Power Forward! | A collaboration with BayWa r.e. to discuss higher level industry topics.
The Buzz | Where we give our 2 cents per kWh on the residential solar market.
The Pitch | Discussions with solar manufacturers about their new technology and ideas.